You and a guest could experience “The First and Last Name in Olive Oil” in the place where it all began.
Enter the Following Filippo sweepstakes here!
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. Sweepstakes begins 1:00:01 PM ET on 6/28/17 and ends at 11:59:59 PM ET on 9/5/17. Open only to legal residents of the 50 U.S. & D.C., 18+. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Subject to full official rules, available at www.followingfilippo.com. Sponsored by SALOV North America Corp., 9 Polito Avenue, 10th Floor, Lyndhurst, NJ 07071-3406.
1. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD/ HOW TO ENTER: Following Filippo: A Culinary Journey Through Time Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) starts at 1:00:01 PM Eastern Time (“ET”) on June 28, 2017 and ends at 11:59:59 PM ET on September 5, 2017 (“Sweepstakes Period”). During the Sweepstakes Period, there are two (2) ways to enter for those who are eligible (each an “Entrant”):
Online: Using your desktop computer or mobile device, visit www.followingfilippo.com and follow the on-screen directions to complete and submit the registration/entry form, which includes entering Entrant’s first and last name and e-mail address to receive one (1) entry.
On-site: Filippo Berio brand ambassadors will be in attendance at various event tour stops throughout the United States during the Sweepstakes Period. To receive one (1) entry, locate a brand ambassador and use the tablet device provided to complete and submit the registration/entry form on the screen, which includes entering Entrant’s first and last name and e-mail address.
Limit of one (1) entry per person and/or per email address per day during the Sweepstakes Period, regardless of method of entry. Maximum limit of five (5) total entries per person and/or email address throughout the Sweepstakes Period, regardless of method of entry. Proof of submission of an entry will not be deemed proof of receipt by Sponsor. Additional Sweepstakes entries received from the same person or e-mail address on the same day after the first Sweepstakes entry received from that person or e-mail address on that day will be void. Entries received from any person or email address in excess of the above stated limitation will be void. A day is understood to start at 12:00:01 AM (ET) and end at 11:59:59 PM (ET) the same day. Entrants can enter via computer or mobile device; data charges may apply if entering via mobile device.
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees of SALOV North America Corp. (“Sponsor”), its parent, affiliates, and subsidiaries, its promotion, advertising and internet agencies and Legacy Marketing Partners, LLC (collectively, the “Released Parties”), and each member of their immediate family (spouse and parent, children and siblings and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and persons living in the same household, whether or not related, are not eligible to enter or win. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
3. RANDOM Drawing/ ODDS OF WINNING: A random drawing will be conducted on or about September 12, 2017 to select one (1) potential Sweepstakes winner from among all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. The random drawing will be conducted by Legacy Marketing Partners, LLC (“Administrator”), an independent administrator whose decisions are final on all matters related thereto. Odds of winning the Sweepstakes prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period.
4. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Potential winner will be contacted by Administrator via mail, telephone, and/or e-mail and will be required to review, sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Release of Liability, Prize Acceptance Form and, where legally permissible, a Publicity Release within ten (10) days of attempted delivery of same. If such documents are not returned within the specified time period, prize notification is returned as undeliverable, Sponsor is unable to contact potential winner or potential winner is not in compliance with these Official Rules, the prize will be forfeited and, at Sponsor’s discretion, an alternate potential winner may be selected. If the potential Sweepstakes prize winner is a minor in his/her state of residence, his/her parent/legal guardian must complete the required information in such same time period and accept any prize in his/her name.
5. PRIZE: A trip for winner and one (1) guest to Tuscany, Italy. Trip consists of round-trip economy class air transportation to Italy from a major U.S. international gateway airport closest to winner’s home (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion), arrival and departure transfers between winner’s home, the airport and hotel, six (6) nights hotel accommodations at Toscana Saporita Cooking School in Tuscany, Italy (one (1) room, double occupancy), breakfast, lunch and dinner each day, up to eighteen (18) hours of hands-on cooking lessons for winner and guest, a truffle hunt excursion and tasting, an olive oil tasting, and afternoon tours to local destinations such as Lucca, Pietrasanta, Pisa, Forte dei Marmi, Viareggio, and the Roman Ruins in Massaciuccoli. The Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of the prize trip: $6,500. The ARV of the prize may vary based on the commercial airport nearest winner’s permanent residence.
6. PRIZE CONDITIONS/RESTRICTIONS: Travel will take place from a Sunday arrival and departure the following Saturday after 10:00 AM ET. Travel must be completed by July 31, 2018 or prize will be forfeited and Sponsor will have no further obligation to such winner. Travel is subject to availability. Certain blackout dates and travel restrictions may apply. The value of the prizes set forth above represents Sponsor's good faith determination of the approximate retail value thereof, and the actual fair market value, as ultimately determined by Sponsor, is final and binding and cannot be challenged or appealed. In the event the stated approximate retail value of a prize is more than the actual fair market value of that prize, the difference will not be awarded in cash or otherwise. The difference in value of the prize as stated herein and the value at time of prize notification, if any, will not be awarded. Winner and his/her guest must travel together on the same itinerary and are responsible for obtaining all required travel documents and inoculation (e.g. passport, visa, valid photo ID) prior to travel. Guest must be 18 years of age or older and complete and return a liability release within ten (10) days of issuance. Winner is solely responsible for any and all expenses and incidental travel costs not expressly stated in the prize description herein, including but not limited to additional ground transportation while in Tuscany, Italy not specified as part of the prize, in-room charges (e.g., mini-bar, room service, telephone, movies), meals and beverages, gratuities, travel upgrades, baggage fees, and personal incidentals. Winner may be required to provide a valid major credit card or some other acceptable form of payment, as determined in the hotel’s sole discretion upon hotel check-in and all in-room charges, telephone calls, meals, beverages, hotel upgrades, amenities, personal incidentals and any other expenses charged to the winner’s hotel room will be charged to that major valid credit card or deducted from the deposit provided. Travel arrangements must be made through Sponsor’s agent at least forty-five (45) days prior to travel, on a carrier of Sponsor’s choice and on dates specified by Sponsor or prize will be forfeited and Sponsor will have no further obligation to winner. Sponsor is not responsible for any fees or additional charges resulting from the winner’s changes to itinerary or accommodations. Travel is subject to terms and conditions set forth in these Official Rules and those set forth by selected travel providers, airline and hotel availability and other material restrictions that may apply. Sponsor shall not be responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitution or any act or omissions whatsoever by the air carriers, hotels or other transportation companies or any other persons providing any of these services and accommodations to passengers including any results thereof such as changes in services or accommodations necessitated by same. Sponsor shall not be liable for any loss or damage to baggage. If the winner becomes disabled or cannot otherwise fully enjoy the prize due to illness, Sponsor shall have the option at its sole discretion of being relieved of liability for fulfillment of the prize award and no other compensation in lieu of the prize will be awarded. Winner is responsible for obtaining his/her own medical and life insurance and the associated costs. All travel is subject to any and all restrictions instituted by the U.S. Department of Defense and/or Department of Homeland Security, as required. In the event that a prize component is not available for any reason, the remaining elements of the prize shall constitute full satisfaction of Sponsor’s obligation to the winner and no additional compensation will be awarded. Any prize details not specified herein will be determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. Prizes will be awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied by Sponsor.
No prize transfer or cash redemption allowed. No prize substitution, in whole or in part, except by Sponsor who reserves the right to substitute a prize (in whole or in part) of comparable or greater value, at its sole discretion. Any stated difference between the approximate retail value and actual value of prize or any substituted prize will not be awarded. Winner is solely responsible for any costs and expenses in connection with the prize not expressly described herein as being awarded including, without limitation, all federal, state, or local taxes (if any) on the prize and any additional costs and expenses associated with the acceptance and use of the prize that are not described herein as being awarded. In no event will more than one (1) prize be awarded.
7. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION/GENERAL RULES: By entering, each Entrant (or parent/legal guardian if Entrant is a minor in his/her state of residence) agrees (1) that Sponsor and its designees shall have the right and permission to use in any manner (unless prohibited by law) Entrant's name, voice, city and state of residence, and photographs and/or likeness for advertising and/or trade and/or promotion and/or any other purpose now or hereafter known anywhere in the world in perpetuity without further compensation, permission or notification to Entrant or any third parties, except where prohibited by law; (2) to release the Released Parties from all liability and to indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any claim, action, liability, loss, injury or damage to Entrant or any other person (including, without limitation, guests of Sweepstakes prize winner) or entity, including, without limitation, infringement or violation of third party rights or personal injury or death to Entrant or any other person (including, without limitation, guests of Sweepstakes prize winner) or damage to personal or real property, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by reason of (a) the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a prize; (b) participation in or administration of this Sweepstakes; (c) the exploitation of any of the rights granted herein; and (d) any element of this Sweepstakes; (3) to assume all liability for any injury or damage related to (2) (a)-(d); (4) to be bound by the Official Rules and the Administrator’s decisions which are final; (5) to waive all rights to claim or collect punitive, incidental, consequential or any other damages; (6) that all causes of action relating to this Sweepstakes will be resolved individually without resort to any form of class action; (7) that any and all claims, judgments, or awards shall be limited to actual out of pocket costs incurred, excluding attorneys' fees; and (8) that New York law shall apply exclusively to the Sweepstakes and that any dispute with respect to the Sweepstakes shall be resolved in either the federal or state courts located in the County of New York, State of New York.
Released Parties are not responsible for (1) lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server, cable, satellite, Internet Service Provider (ISP) or other connections, miscommunications, computer or telephone transmissions or technical failure, jumbled, scrambled or misdirected transmissions, or other errors or malfunctions of any kind whether computer, software, hardware, network, technical, human, mechanical, electronic, seeding or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, errors or malfunctions which may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of Sweepstakes entries, or prize claims, the announcement of the prize or in any Sweepstakes-related materials, or for any damage to Entrant’s or other person’s hardware or software as a result of participation; (2) failed, incomplete, undeliverable, garbled, delayed, late, lost, misdirected, stolen, or any combination thereof, entries, prize notifications or prize claims; (3) damage to Entrant’s or any person's computer or the contents thereof; (4) any condition caused by events that may cause the Sweepstakes to be disrupted or corrupted; or (5) any inability of the winner to accept a prize. Persons found tampering with or abusing any aspect of this Sweepstakes or whose conduct potentially compromised the Sweepstakes or who are in violation of these Official Rules as solely determined by the Administrator will be disqualified and all associated Sweepstakes entries will be void. Every submission must be manually keystroked and manually entered by the Entrant and repetitive, automated electronic submission of Sweepstakes entries is specifically disallowed. Use of automated entry software or programs is prohibited and entry through any such means is void.
In no event will Sponsor be obligated to award more than the stated number of prizes. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Sweepstakes if fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor's reasonable control impairs or compromises the administration, security, integrity or fairness of the Sweepstakes (or portions thereof), as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, and limit entries to those submitted prior to the action taken, or to proceed in such a manner as may be deemed fair and equitable by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In the event the Sweepstakes is cancelled or terminated, notice will be posted online and Sponsor reserves the right, at its discretion, to award the prize in a random drawing from among all eligible non-suspect entries received up to time of such action. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any Sweepstakes materials and the terms and conditions of the Official Rules, the Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control. Entry information becomes property of Sponsor.
In the event a dispute arises regarding the specific individual entitled to receive a prize, an entry will be deemed made by the “authorized e-mail account holder” of the person whose name appears on the online entry form. “Authorized e-mail account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g. business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Entrant may be requested to provide Sponsor with proof that the Entrant is the authorized e-mail account holder of the e-mail address in question. Any damage made to any Sweepstakes-related website by an Entrant will be the responsibility of the authorized e-mail account holder of the e-mail address submitted on the online entry form that is associated with the damage in question. Proof of submitting entries will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. Any entries which are suspected of being fraudulent (including those using robotic, automatic, programmed or similar methods of participation) may be disqualified, based on determinations made solely by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to prohibit the participation of an individual if fraud or tampering is suspected or if the individual fails to comply with any requirement of participation as stated herein or with any provision in these Official Rules. If an Entrant submits more than the stated number of entries permitted, and/or if Sponsor suspects that an Entrant attempted to obtain additional entries by using multiple email addresses, user IDs, registrations, identities or any other method, all entries submitted by the Entrant will be declared null and void.
NOTICE TO ENTRANTS: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY SWEEPSTAKES-RELATED WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) AND OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY; DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES: IN NO EVENT WILL THE RELEASED PARTIES AND/OR THEIR RESPECTIVE PARENT COMPANIES, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, PARTNERS, REPRESENTATIVES, AGENTS, SUCCESSORS, ASSIGNS, EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS AND DIRECTORS, BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE SWEEPSTAKES, YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF FILIPPOBERIO.COM AND/OR DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM ANY WEBSITES ASSOCIATED WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING FILLIPOBERIO.COM IN NO EVENT SHALL THE RELEASED PARTIES’ TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES, OR CAUSES OF ACTION EXCEED FIVE DOLLARS ($5.00). WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, THIS SWEEPSTAKES AND ALL PRIZES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND FROM SPONSOR, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
10. REQUEST FOR WINNER’S NAME: For the name of the winner (available after September 22, 2017), send a self-addressed stamped (#10) envelope to: Following Filippo Sweepstakes Winner, c/o Legacy Marketing Partners, 640 N. LaSalle Dr., Suite 590, Chicago, IL 60654. Winner’s name will be sent after prize has been awarded. Requests received after October 22, 2017 will not be honored.
11. SPONSOR: SALOV North America Corp., 9 Polito Avenue, 10th Floor, Lyndhurst, NJ 07071-3406.
12. ADMINISTRATOR: Legacy Marketing Partners, LLC, 640 N. LaSalle Dr., Suite 590, Chicago, IL 60654. Please direct any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Sweepstakes to the Administrator.